Monday, June 8, 2009

Fruited Oat Scones

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups Oats, old fashioned, uncooked
1/4 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
1 1/3 cups dried mixed fruits, diced, your favorites
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon, ground


Preheat a 12" dutch oven, with 8 charcoals on the bottom, and 18 to 20 on top, 375. Combine flour,oats 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs; stir in fruit. Add milk and egg, mix just til moistened. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface: knead gently 6 times. Pat out dough to form an 8-inch circle. With a sharp knife, score into 12 wedges;sprinkle with combined sugar and cinnamon. With a large spatula, move scone to the preheated dutch oven. cover and bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Break apart; serve warm.

This is a very good morning at camp eye opener. Ihope you are enjoying this blog. Make some commits so I know. Thankx. The Outlaw Gourmet

1 comment:

  1. I've made this several times at home with my dutch oven stuck in my home oven at 375. I've used bob's red mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour in place of the flour here, and they are my family's absolute favorite! I would have made them over the fire when we were camping last Summer, but in light of the Oregon wildfires, that opportunity was banned for some time. I'm looking forward to it this year!
    This is an excellent recipe, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete