Sunday, April 26, 2020

              Oven Size and Capacity


Most of the recipes on this blog are written for 12" ovens. There are many sizes and depths. Some times you may need to double a recipe to accommodate a larger group. This chart will give you a guyed to the size oven you my need.


8"   2 qts
10" 4 qts
12" 6 qts
14" 8 qts
16" 12qts

10" deep  6 qts
12" deep  8 qts
14" deep  12 qts
Maca ovens are much deeper than most others.

13"  12 qts   6½ deep
15"  16 qts   7½ deep
17"  30 qts   9"  deep
22"  64 qts   10" deep

Maca also makes a 12"x 16" I don't know the qt capacity of this oven.














 I have roasted a 20 pound turkey in this 12"x 16" Maca.
 

  

5 comments:

  1. Great blog... question, do you have any recipes for the Ultimate Turkey Roaster? Just got my hands on one and am looking for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't. I don't have one of the Ultimate Turkey roasters. I do have a Maca 12x16. I roast a 20 lb. Turkey every year. Roasting a turkey in any oven you must have the skin very dry.Tben oil it with your favorite oil ie. olive oil or vegetable or nard. Season with salt and pepper and any that you like.

      Delete
  2. Ah ok, I thought you did. I recommend it if you ever find one. I've gotten good results so far.
    Great blog, always enjoy reading.
    We've met, by the way. Last year at the IDOS spring convention, we chatted a bit. I was the guy with the young kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June 2, 2021. I just found a Ultimate Turkey Roasted. In great shape. Will try to use it soon. I never stuff my turkey's any way so it will work out just fine. Will post when I use it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete