Sunday, May 21, 2017

Mexican Chicken Chowder

Today I was looking at a Betty Crocker Cookbook from 1964 and found a hand written recipe I wrote way back about 30 years ago. It was as good now as it was back then. I don't know what my inspiration was to write this, but after reading it, and cooking it, I don't think it needs any up dating. Hope you enjoy it.

2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopper
1 Pablano  pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (4oz.) diced green chilies
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 can ( 16oz. ) cream style corn
1 box ( 32 oz. ) chicken stock
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
2 tablespoons taco sauce  ( I prefer Hatch Taco Sauce )
1 cup Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese

In a deep 12" Dutch oven, over 14 charcoals, melt butter. Add onions Pablano, and garlic; Sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent. Add chilies, and tomatoes and stir and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Reduce heat by removing 4 charcoals. Simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in cheese and let melt. Serve in soup bowls, with hot tortillas.   



No comments:

Post a Comment