Saturday, November 12, 2016

Tasty Dutch Oven Green Bean Casserole


Thanksgiving is just a few days away, so I figured I better get busy and put some recipes on the blog. I have been busy getting settled in Salt Lake. If you look back at some of the old recipes you will fine some good Holiday dishes I think you will enjoy. I have done this one many times out at The Butte Creek Mill in Eagle Point, Oregon.

2  15 oz. cans green beans, cut or french style
1  8 oz. con sliced water chestnuts
½ cup sliced almonds
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can French fried onions


In a well greased 10" Dutch oven, combine first four ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle top with French fried onions. Place oven over 7 charcoals and place 13 to 15 charcoals on top. Cook 30 to 45 minutes or until onions are crisp and a little browned and soup is a little bubbly. Makes 5 servings. This can be doubled and done in a 12" oven. 9 charcoals on the bottom and 15 on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment