Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wild Dutch Oven Potatoes



I have been seeing more,and more of the very small, New potatoes and fingerlings. I have been trying some and finding the smaller, the sweeter they are.
Other than cobblers, Camp potatoes is one of the most requited recipes I get. This one I fine the sweet and spicy go very good together, and would make a good camp dish, or side at a B.B.Q.
When I say small, I mean smaller than a small egg, or a jaw bracker, or a large radish. You get the picture.

10 to 12 very small new potatoes, white or yukons
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika, smoked
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons parsley, for garnish

Preheat a 12" (or 10" and use a little less charcoal) to 400°f. 16 charcoals on top and 16 on the bottom. Prick the skins of the potatoes in 2 or 3 places with a fork, then place them in a mixing bowl. Add the oil and the next 5 ingredients, and toss well. Transfer the potatoes to the dutch oven, and bake for 40 minutes, or until fork tinder. Turn the potatoes two or three times during cooking. Serve hot and garnished with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment