Monday, October 24, 2011

Scalloped Corn

O.K. enough about the grandson. I was a little side tracked there. Back to Dutch ovens.
Last week at work I received this recipe from the corporate chef to fix for lunch. I have scalloped lots of potatoes over the years, but never corn. I thought it would make a good recipe for a dish at a D.O.G. I came home and cooked it again I one of my D.O.s and it worked very well.

1 (15oz.) can creamed corn
1 (15oz.) can whole kernel corn
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 small package corn muffin mix

Grease a 12" Dutch oven. Place over 14 charcoals to preheat. Mix together all corn, sour cream, eggs, butter, and sugar, mix well. Into mixture, pour in muffin mix, mix well. Pour into prepared oven. Cover. Remove 5 charcoals from under oven and place on top and add 9 more charcoals to top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wood pick inserted into center comes out clean. serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment