Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sourdough Waffles

Yes! it's not dutch oven cookin', but it was so good, I thought you would like to try them for yourself. Follow the instructions. The batter is very runny. I thought I made a mistake until I went ahead and poured it in the waffle iron. They puff up and they do run out the sides, but so crispy and puffy. The best I have ever had.

2 cups sourdough starter
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup worm water

Place starter in a large bowl, add sugar, egg, butter. and salt. Mix well. Dilute soda in worm water. Fold soda gently into batter. Do Not Beat. Gently stir until double in volume. Ladle batter into hot waffle iron. When iron stops steaming, waffles are done.
I hope you like them as much as I did. I will make them often.
I have given you 3 starter recipes in the past. The first one I gave you ,I think is the best.
Recipe posted April 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment