Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chuckwagon Green Chile Sauce

My wife, being Navajo, We spend some time in New Mexico. I have come to love good green chile sauce on just about anything. I got this recipe from some old papers of an old coosy. ( chuck wagon cook) It is very good on burritos, and in tacos, and any thing you want.

1/4 cup oil, I prefer Canola
1/2 cup white onions, chopped
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup water, ( I use chicken broth )
1 cup milk
1 clove garlic,minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound green chiles, roasted, peeled, and diced
I mix Pablono and Anaheim, But prefer Hatch when I can get them. Add 1, or 2 Jalapenos for heat desired.

In a 10" or 12" dutch oven, bottom heat only, Brown onions until tender. Whisk in flour and cumin. When flour mixture starts to turn brown, whisk in liquids. ( milk and broth ) Add in garilc salt, pepper, and chiles. Stirring constantly until thickens. Serve warm. ( over what ever )

No comments:

Post a Comment