Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Smoked Salmon Scalloped Potatoes

I am not much of a salmon eater, but I have fixed this for large groups in S.L.C. many years ago, and it always went over very well. Its an easy one to multiply. It's the smoke that makes it good for me.

12 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cut in 1/4" slices (boiled in water until almost fork tender)
8 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
6 green onions, chopped. (reserve some for garnish )
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream. ( can sub. 1/2&1/2)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat 12" dutch oven lid with 14 charcoals, on a lid stand. Grease the corresponding oven. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the oven. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the smoked salmon, onions and garlic; Sprinkle with salt or Salt-free Seasoning Mix. Continue layering in this order until all ingredients are in oven. Pour cream over the layers and top with the grated cheese. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown, with 6 to 8 charcoales on the bottom and 14 on top. Serve. Garnish each serving with reserved green onions.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy that reads really good to me, I am looking for something different when I go away in a couple of months time and I will put this on my list.

    ReplyDelete