Monday, November 22, 2010

Hidden-bean / Meat Loaf

I don"t have picture of some of this, because I haven't made them in 15 to 18 years now! I am going through some of the things I was cooking when I first started cooking in dutch ovens. I hope you try them ,and like them. I will try to find time to make some of this oldies and take some pictures.

2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup bread cubes, soft
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean
1 can kidney beans, 15 1/4 oz. drained and mashed
1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried

In mixing bowl, thoroughly blind eggs, ketchup, milk, bread cubes, salt ans pepper. Mix in beef, beans, and onions. Form a 9" x 5" loaf and place it in a 10" dutch oven. Bake at 350°f. 1 hour and 15 minutes, with 8 charcoals on the bottom and 14 on top. You may what to coat the top with Ketchup, but I prefer chilli sauce. Remove from oven , let rest 10 minuets. Cut and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment