Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost Pumpkin Pie

It's not often I put recipes on my blog that are not mine, but I have done this one so much at the mill, I will give it to you. I think it is Gerry & Chauna Duffins' recipe. I have seen it in two or three books, but they were involved with most of them. Gerry and Chauna Duffin are past Wold Champions, and long time members of I.D.O.S..

Filling:
1 29-ounce can pure pumpkin
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, ( I like to add just a pinch of ground clove)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can evaporated milk

Topping:
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter

Mix together all filling ingredients. pour into greased 12" Dutch oven. Cut butter into cake mix with a pastry blinder, mix in nuts. Sprinkle mixture over top. Bake for 1 hour with 8-10 charcoals on the bottom, 16-20 on top. When cooled, may be served with whipped cream, or egg nog ice cream on top. May also be served chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment